1. Kids loved taking turns at the head of the line AND following my safety instructions. I think they liked feeling the power of the ‘raised flag’ [our signal to stop].
2. Only two kids complained about the ‘long walk’ to the park.
3. The wearing of the gloves– perfect for a. picking up litter along the way and at the park. b. pulling back bush branches in their search for colors in nature
4. The diligence in sketching.
5. The cameras: Pics of—
- artifacts [rocks, plants] that needed to be left where they were found,
- their adopted trees,
- their designated study areas for seasonal comparisons,
- their work groups -they learned how to use the timer function [and taught me]
The not-so-good: The messages awaiting me when I returned. 1. From parents of student I had to leave with Mr. Taylor. 2. From Mrs. Nix.